- Construction Period : 1992 - 1995
- Designed / Architect by : Kumpulan Senireka Sdn. Bhd
- Constructed by : Wayss & Freytag
- Technical Assessor : Ove Arup & Partner International London/ Jururunding Kuala Lumpur
- Total Height of Tower : 421 metres
- Inaugural Date : 1 October 1996
- Gross Ground Floor Area of Building : 80,417.5 square metres
- Total Length of Antenna : 86 metres
- Outer Diameter of Shaft Wall : 2.4m to 13.6m
- Thickness of Shaft : 1.4m to 0.6m
- Foundation & Basement : 17m deep
- Maximum Foundation Diameter : 54m
Menara Kuala Lumpur, recognised today as the telecommunication tower for Malaysia, is equipped with new technology to meet the requirements of increasing telecommunications demands in the country. Menara Kuala Lumpur was designed and constructed to replace the stell tower (original serving Kuala Lumpur and the telecommunication networks of Malaysia) which was of insufficient height for the country's rapid development and communication network needs.
The top four floors of Menara Kuala Lumpur's tower head has been set aside for telecommunication and technological purposes. Telekom Malaysia's microwave station is on the third floor of the Tower Head (TH03), while the fourth floor (TH04) has been set aside for Telekom's future expansion. Radio Television Malaysia's (RTM) radio and TV broadcast stations are situated on the top level of the Tower Head (TH06).
Constructed at a central point at the top of Bukit Nanas, Menara Kuala Lumpur has major advantages over other telecommunications buildings. The Tower main tasks include educating and informing the public through television and FM-radio broadcasting, providing a wider reception field for programmes throughout the Klang Valley area. Due to space availability in the Tower and the short distance between transmitter and antenna, future expansion of the TV and FM-radio transmissions (the adding of new programmes) will be a simple process. Due to the great height of the Tower (421 metres), there will be services such as mobile telephones (cellular radio), paging systems and radio services for the police, ambulance and armed forces, the fire brigade, the city administration, public services, public transportation, taxi associations and other emerging network communication users. The Tower will also cover services linked to the Marine Department,the Meteorological Department and the Traffic Control Department.
|Copyright © 2016 KL Tower. All Right Reserved|
|KL Tower No. 2 Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P.Ramlee 50250 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia|
|Last Updated :